Remote Desktop Support engineer providing Break-Fix, fault diagnosis, resolution and installation/deployment of hardware on remote locations
Remote Desktop Support Engineer providing Break Fix, fault diagnosis and resolution. Performing Asset Management activities. Providing fault analysis to customer’s various core operating systems and platforms, as well be able provide support and apply desktop fault resolution for the approved application suite. Diagnose hardware faults and provide both remote assistance to various business areas with the support remit. Provide expertise in all aspects of IT desktop fault function and deployment of all new kit and peripherals under the Installs, Moves and changes environment.
Candidates must be flexible regarding shift patterns. Shifts will be 7.30am to 4.30pm, 8am to 5pm, 9am to 6pm
Key Skills and responsibilities
• A minimum of 2 years Remote Desktop support experience providing remote fault analysis, via verbal communication and IT remote control tools. Must have performed remote desktop support role in last 18 months
• Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
• Minimum 1 year face to face experience required in Desktop Support role with half of it with a private organisation preferably with manufacturing sector
• Outstanding Call Handling and customer experience.
• Outstanding presentation & communication
• High level Triage function
• Local language support (as per requirement) as well as English (Written and verbal)
• Coordinate with OEM vendors for warranty and Spare support
• Coordination with Local Client Admin/IS team for Spare management ( if any ) and consumable support activities
• Queue Monitoring for call assignment in SLA
• Overflow Queue management
• Owner for all tickets related to Remote Users, Scheduled and Dispatch sites
• First Level remote resolution of Desktop Support tickets from all countries
• Drawing up Schedule services Plan , Coordination with HCL Partner for scheduled/dispatch sites
• Also responsible for coordination dispatch resources
• Understanding of Asset Management system. Coordinate with onsite support teams. Performing asset inventory activities as needed
• Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
• Strong Microsoft Windows o\s experience – Especially for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8
• Strong Software management environment understanding
• 2nd line fault analysis and experience of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel 2003/2007/2010/2013)
• Smartphone/Blackberry Support
• Experience of supporting VPN and remote connection tools, in relation to Broadband and 3G technologies.
• Active Directory user account administration experience.
• This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned
• Background security check required
• VIP Support Experience
• Broad experience of IT with basic understanding of Networks, Servers, Audio/Visual, Smart Devices and Telecoms
• Project or rollout experience in the IT environment
• Hardware accreditations or experience from HP or Lenovo or Dell equipment.
• ITIL, MCSE or any IT desktop accreditations.