This role is responsible for creating and owns both Customer pricing for bespoke IT services new bid and tender opportunities, and also the internal business case (P&L, Balance sheet, Cash flow) for Fujitsu based upon the proposed pricing and terms and conditions..
Primary customers will be the bid team responding to Account or Customer requirements, with some opportunity for indirect relationship with the external Customer.
Ownership of Customer Pricing and other Financial requirements that input to Bid Proposals
Ownership of internal financial business case, P&L creation and presentation through governance reviews
Financial management of non-standard low risk transactions and decisions.
Individuals working at this role level would typically work on deal opportunities in the range of €5m-€10m Total Contract Value that are low to medium complexity
1. Lead the finance work-stream on all deals under support in order to shape deals that meet the Customers objectives whilst maintaining best possible financial outcomes for Fujitsu
2. Work alongside other virtual bid team members, across multiple functions, to respond to Customer requirements and input to high quality Proposals
3. Understand the Customer Requirements and the Solution/Service Fujitsu is proposing through:
• Comprehension of customer issued documentation
• High level understanding of Fujitsu’s offerings
4. Use Fujitsu Corporate financial models to:
• Consolidate Cost inputs
• Review and challenge the cost base to ensure alignment to solution & pricing
• Apply appropriate financial adjustments in line corporate policies
• Create Pricing using applicable mechanisms
5. Generation of P&L’s and Financial presentation for internal governance reviews that:
• Apply accounting adjustments per Fujitsu Finance Policies
• Accurately reflects the financials for each Business Line involved
• Articulate the status of key Financial Terms and conditions at each bid stage
6. Production of external Customer Pricing documentation that is:
• Compliant to customer requirements
• Aligned to internally governed position at each stage of the bid
• Offers creative and innovation pricing solutions to solve customers’ financial challenges
7. Input to text responses within proposals that relate to financial requirements
8. Hand-over of won bids to delivery finance in line with due processes and policy
Key Performance Indicators
• Strong feedback from all elements of wider bid team, including Sales, Commercial & Solution Architect communities
• Demonstrable evidence that charging mechanisms implemented within customer contracts protect Fujitsu's approved internal business case
• Customer documentation delivered to expected timescales.
• Adherence to Corporate policy and relevant financial accounting standards
• Provision of accurate, timely, relevant information in the desired format at all stages of a bid
• Clear and comprehensive reporting of financial performance, including realistic presentation of risks and opportunities and financial projections based on clear operational dependencies
• Recommends changes/ development/ streamlining of processes based on best-practice methodologies to support the operating unit.
• Seen as an integral part of the team for area of responsibility
• Team and individual objectives set and achieved, including Personal Learning Plans, ensuring an effective motivated team.
Key Skills & Qualifications
• Business Analytics – Data manipulation, financial modelling
• Stakeholder management across all levels in the organisation and subject matter experts
• Exemplary time management with ability to excel under pressure and support multiple bids in parallel
• Tenacity and emotional resilience to maintain focus through challenges and barriers
• Ability to Influence management decision making to optimise sales growth
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
• Advanced MS Excel; intermediate PowerPoint & Word
• 3 years of practical work experience in a finance function or specialist function
• Some commercial experience an advantage
• Some Financial Accounting experience beneficial, post graduate Finance qualification not a prerequisite
• Fluent English written and spoken
• French – Fluent level in writing and speaking